Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lemon Lamb

I know there are those of you who don't eat lamb. I do. I love lamb. I have been craving lamb. I read about 30 recipes recently and came up with my own:

Lemon Lamb

2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp lemon zest
5 cloves of garlic minced fine
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
6 lamb chops or small steaks

Combine all ingredients but the lamb in a small bowl. Pour into a ziplock bag that is big enough to hold the lamb. Add lamb, close bag, rub the marinade all over the lamb. Put in fridge for 2+ hours turning and rubbing a few times.

Heat grill to medium high. Grill lamb for about 7 - 11 minutes each side - this will depend on how well done you like your meat. Serve over lemon zested basmati rice. (basmati rice with the lemon pulp strewn in before cooking)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds yummy. I love lamb, but we can't afford it haha.

    ReplyDelete