Thursday, July 12, 2012

Back to the Future

                                    Playing garage tag while raining the kids found this DeLorean

It's been a tough week and I am hoping that I can go back to the future and tell myself a few things.

1) Don't worry so much.  It will turn out fine.  You can't change what has already happened and thinking about it will cause more anxiety.
2) Stop obsessively cleaning when you are anxious.  If you keep scrubbing that floor/door/counter it will eventually disappear which will cause another problem.
3) Your children will turn out fine.  They don't have to be rocket scientists or designers or soccer stars.  They need to make their own decisions and realize those consequences.
4) Love the moment.  Or even like it or enjoy it.  Make the best of the situation. Smile more.
5) You can't change your genes so do the best you can (all you can?) and carry on.

So, as you can see I have a few hundred-thousand personal issue things to work on.  Time to make a list and get moving.

3 comments:

  1. When I worry, I clean too. We must be related.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your next week is an improvement over last week, but just in case it isn't...

    Next time you are anxious, I have some things that need to be obsessively cleaned. No danger of it disappearing, it is padded with lots of layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I worry, I clean too. I used to shop...oh wait, I do that too sometimes. Or eat. Yeah, comfort food...

    ReplyDelete