Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Change

If you don't like something, change it.  If you can't change it, change your attitude.
                                                                                                                  ~Maya Angelou

Words to live by lately. 

We thought things had been improving for a few weeks.  Not big but at least steps forward.  Last Thursday I even told someone that things were looking up.  Friday came and the depth and breadth of his anger came back.  He hasn't said more than 5 civil sentences in 5 days.  He isn't being snotty, he just isn't speaking to us.  Period.  He won't eat anything I cook and I have made some of his favorites - baked maple bars, Osso Bucco, Salsbury Steak, sourdough rolls, etc..  The other two like most of this as well so it got eaten, just not by him.  He won't ask for anything which is fine - we have plenty of Top Ramen.  I am trying to kill him with kindness but he isn't taking it.  It isn't hurting my feelings since I just share whatever it is with someone else.

I am wondering how to change my attitude about this situation.  How do I approach it in a different way and not get the same results?  I have prayed but I think I need to do some more studying it out in my mind - I feel like I am asking for an answer to be handed me which is wrong. 

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment