Saturday, July 20, 2013

Content vs Happy

Someone asked me if I was happy today.  I didn't know how to answer them.  I know what answer they wanted since I was smiling and I didn't want to confuse them but I didn't want to answer incorrectly either.

I can't say that I am particularly a happy person.  I am more of a content person.  I like being satisfied with my efforts. I spent most of the last week painting.  I like to paint.  It can be tedious but I can pop in 80's rock or an audio book with a good plot and I am perfectly satisfied to paint away for hours.  I enjoyed when I got the job done and how well I did it.  I can also do tedious jobs that other hate with a passion and be content with a job well done or just done because it needed to be done. I am the 'even keel' of attitudes most of the time.  I don't get flustered with too much.  I have been told by Realtors I work with that I don't sound 'panicked enough' for a given situation.

I can be happy.  I can be very happy at times.  Last summer being with Suzanne and all for a week made me happy.  Even with the deluge I was happy.  I was happy because I was with my family having a good time in spite of the weather.  I get happy when my kids, Jim, my family or even myself does something that is an accomplishment to be proud of i.e. Keira's new baby, Danny graduating (both for Danny and Debbie), Marcy overcoming cancer, etc. 

But I like being content.  It makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment