Saturday, March 14, 2015

I Need A Lift

I have been in the dumps all day.  These are the things I have done to dig out:

1.  11.75 run - I'm not incredibly fast but I was doing a steady 8:20 mile.
2.  Cleaned under one side of the TV cabinet.  I wanted to do the other side but the one side wasn't helping so I gave up. 
3.  Shopping at Marshalls - Actually I was just looking.  I like Marshalls, it cracks me up what you can find there.  Once in a great while I get lucky and find something I am actually looking for but most of the time not.
4.  Shopping at Trader Joe's - I did buy a few things.  Nothing I needed but who needs anything from Trader Joe's really?
5.  Long brisk walk - It was too hot today.  It hit 90', on March 14th, really.  I wanted it to be cool but no chance.
6.  Made White Bean and Ham Soup - I REALLY wanted it to be winter-esque today.  Just a little chill in the air would be fine.  But no.  The soup was really good but eating it bare foot and in a t-shirt just wasn't the same.
7.  Watched The Incredible Life of Walter Mitty - I like this movie.  It reminds me that I can be more, do more and not get pigeon-holed into something that someone else thinks I am.

Still not out of the dumps but I know I have family and friends that love me and I will be fine.  Just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment