Sunday, September 6, 2009

Four Ever on My Mind


I can actually remember when there were just four of us kids. My first really solid memory is the day we moved into the house on Hayden Bridge. We had been in the car forever and when we stopped Mom made us put on our shoes - glass in the driveway - before we could go play. We ran, we hid in that old bush next to the driveway and climbed the pine tree at the front of the teardrop. We laughed running through this very small house that was all ours. We all piled into the front hall to sleep and woke up and did it all again. It was wonderful! I remember 4 - how many do you first remember?

4 comments:

  1. I remember 2. But the first "dateable" memory I have was November 29, 1962...did I get that right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm...call me lame, I just figured out that you are doing a countdown to school. In my defense I missed a couple of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you really want to know. I...uh...remember four of us small enough to be in diapers at the same time...

    I remember being picked up from the university pre-school where they conducted tests on us all the time and being told that I was an aunt for the first time. (so 4-ish)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I just found your blog. I am rolling on the ground you are so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete