Sunday, September 6, 2009

Tres, Tri, Trio, Touo, Three


I made a fatal mistake today. I mentioned the 'S' word (school). I have never seen 3 kids mope about as much as these 3. Seriously. You would have thought that I had mentioned a firing squad. I finally had to pull out the 'I' word (ice cream) to get them out of their collective funk.

I do not remember ever being in a funk to go back to school. I loved school because it wasn't home. I got more attention at school from dad than I did at home - no offense intended, it was what it was - and I loved it. Dad and I would split a lunch, get ice cream, or just hang out if neither of us had money. It was great. People will still tease me when I tell them my dad taught at the school I went to and I liked it. He was a great back up. If I was having problems with a teacher he would have 'a word or two' with them. (At least one time more than that!) I can remember a teacher calling him to the nurses office and the two of them laughing of me smashing my finger (my fault for being late to class and not hearing the instructions). It makes me smile still.

Thanks dad for being great!

2 comments:

  1. I loved back to school also. I loved the smell of new clothes and school supplies. I still do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I walked every day of middle school with Dad. If every girl had that...

    ReplyDelete