Sunday, August 1, 2010

Conspiracy Theory


This morning at 8:15 I got a call from the 1st counselor in the bishopric who told me my recommend expired yesterday and they could fit me in before church. I was ready the kids weren't, Jim said he would drop them off at 9 for me. I got my interview fast and easy. First Sunday of the month so a member of the stake was there for that interview. President Daley was a little late but he is always worth waiting for. Nice interview AND a priesthood blessing to boot. As I left church I thought that Heavenly Father has a conspiracy going with the leadership of the church. Yup, a conspiracy I tell you! I have a tendacy to get very frustrated if things aren't just so - I know this is a surprise to most of you. Well, I had planned on going to the temple with a friend of mine next week and hadn't even noticed it was close to the expiration for my recommend. I would have been very put out (insert "mad" here if you know me really well) if I had gotten there and hadn't been able to go in. So, the leadership listened to HF and called me, Jim was home and available, and it was the first Sunday so I didn't have to make another appointment and take time out of my week to go to another interview. Better stay inside the rest of the week... ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! i have naver received a call from the leadership in order to renew my recommend ( sometimes to my embarrassment)so i think you should feel very privileged and lucky thebishopric was "listening". Way Cool! ahem, I mean Way to be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have probably used up your blessing quota for the year. I'd be careful crossing busy streets.

    ReplyDelete