Friday, March 25, 2011

Hippity Hop Easter's On it's Way


I found this really cute idea for Easter eggs and thought I would share PRIOR to the actual holiday.


Melted Crayon Eggs


Boil eggs as usual. Take a fine grater and grate the crayons into individual piles. Place boiled eggs on bottle cap over newspaper, it will get messy. Sprinkle egg shavings on top of eggs and watch them drip down the sides. If you are so incline to do the bottom flip it over with tongs and sprinkle there as well - we found it didn't work very well. Let them dry for about an hour. Just so you know they turned out cuter with just two or three colors but the kids wanted make them crazy. It was easy and fun.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I like. I can see Emma going nuts over this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm telling Stephanie about this...I'll bet her kids would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Suddenly I am more excited about coloring Easter eggs this year.

    ReplyDelete