Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Pirate-y Winter Book Fair

Water fall with treasure cave with cannon
Mermaid reading
Pirate ship with mast & sail

Sometimes I like being in charge so I can just run with ideas and not have a bunch of meetings that suck my life away. One of the people who help with the book fairs at school wanted to do a pirate theme. Every year at Christmas we do a "holiday" theme. Every. Single. Year. And every year we get grief from the administration about being "inclusive" and "sensitive". Seriously? So, avast ye hardies we were feeling the effects of scurvy I'm sure and abandoned all thoughts of a holiday theme. We turned the library into a pirate ship and a castaway island. Much fun was had by all and with the sales being the final result and they were up me laddies!

1 comment:

  1. You are completely amazing! I cannot believe my eyes.

    (There must be lots of pirates at your school that this theme was inclusive and sensitive.)

    ReplyDelete