Sunday, February 5, 2012

Is Baiting Wrong? Or Teenagers Can't Be Trusted.

Lego Policeman - Guard Duty in the Teenagers Room

Today my husband gets serious points for good (sneaky) parenting. Last night when I went to bed I had Tylor log off and put away his electronics - he had the laptop, his phone and his iPad in bed with him...why? I have no clue. When Jim picked up Connor from the dance he came home and immediately had to post on Facebook about the dance. Jim started to go to bed at midnight. He told them to get off and then came to bed. At 12:30 Jim got up again and caught the boys on their electronics - Tylor was down to just two - and told them to go to sleep. Then at 1:30 Jim went in, flipped on the light caught them redhanded (again) - Tylor was down to one - and took everything away and brought it in our room (waking me up in the process).
This morning Jim very nearly jumped out of bed at 9 and went in and woke up the boys. He was a little too enthusiastic and they looked like they had had a bender and were a bit headachy. Aw, poor kids.
I just have to giggle as they are groggily stumbling around the house this morning. Jim really did let them hang themselves and now they are paying for it. Their combined excuse this morning to going back on is that they thought their dad had gone to bed. Makes me smile. Really? That's your best shot?

2 comments: