Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Cupcakes


With Fall in full swing I thought I would post my amended Martha Stewart pumpkin cupcake recipe with cream cheese frosting. I love these just a little warm with a nice cold glass of milk. I will heat the plain cupcake up for 10 seconds in the microwave THEN frost it so I can have it my way ... life is sooo delicious!!

Pumpkin Cupcakes - amended from Martha Stewart recipe

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tin with paper liners and set aside.

In medium bowl whisk together, then set aside:

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp coarse salt
2 tsps pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp ground allspice


In large bowl whisk together:

4 eggs, beat lightly before adding items below
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter, melted and cooled (don't skip this part)
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree

Add dry ingredients to wet slowly whisking until smooth.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the top springs back or a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before frosting.


Cream Cheese Frosting

4 oz cream cheese room temp.
4 tbls butter room temp.
1 tsp vanilla (Note: I had some left over vanilla beans from another recipe and added the inside
scrapings from one here. Delicious but cut vanilla to 1/2 tsp.)
2 cups confectioners sugar (I add about another 1/4 cup because I like my frosting stiffer.)

Blend together with a mixer until smooth. Frosts about 18 cupcakes.












No comments:

Post a Comment