Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sort of like Speed Dating


So, Jim got back from Manchester, NH, not NE, on Friday at 3:30 pm. Saturday, I went one way in the morning and he another. We met at the mall at 1:30 and did some speed Christmas shopping. I am not a great shopper and Jim is so he finds and put the budget on it. Jim had a ton of e-mail, texts and phone calls about work and decided to head back to Manchester Sunday night instead of Monday morning. I know that I/we would be asleep for 8 hours of that but, still, it's one less night. I feel like I'm on a speed marriage thing - we have to get in all the parenting/schooling/discipline/Christmas & birthday shopping/family finances/budgeting/romance in less than 48 hours. I'm not complaining mind you but it really made me think about what I want to fit in and what wasn't so important. DING! Time to move on. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I gave Steve a couple of Christmas shopping assignments to do while he's in Japan. Who knows how much shopping time he'll have. I certainly don't. I'm trying to get as many Christmas present holes plugged as possible while he's gone - because there's no guarantee that he'll have any spare time when he gets home (and I have 2 days of dental work next week. yay me.).

    ReplyDelete