Thursday, August 13, 2009

Oh, why not?


I have taken on 3 extra kids for 3 days. We have 3, so, why not 3 more? Let me list the reason:

1. Not 3x the laundry - it would be exponential thus making it 27x more
2. 4 boys in one room maketh that room smelleth ghastly
3. Since it isn't an even 3 girls to 3 boys the girls tend to scream more and the boys beat their chests more - testosterone abounds (see exponential above)
4. My mere 2000 sq ft is not enough space for 5 let alone 8 for longer than a 3 hour cruise

On the plus side:

1. Each child has a matching child to play with - or hang with if you are 12+
2. No one fights along, it's a group effort
3. Shut doors tend to stay shut thus I have no clue what is going on behind them - all good
4. The great outdoors is just that. GREAT!

So, wish me luck. And a side note to Deb: How did you do it???

3 comments:

  1. You're right. It is exponential. I'm adding 5 more people to my little house...so that would be...ummm...a LOT more laundry/dishes/clean-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only added one to the mix yesterday and it seemed to make the day go smoother. It's funny when you realize that more is often better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the time I would agree that more is less but not for 3 days...

    ReplyDelete