Friday, February 18, 2011

New Jeans for My Birthday


I love a good joke. Heck, I like bad ones too. Growing up with Dad that's what we had. There was one that ended, "... and kicks are for Trids!". I laughed and laughed at that and retold it (wrong I'm sure) a hundred times.


I was lamenting the results of some tests I had this week with my GP. He gives too much information most of the time with no relief in sight. I asked him how I could be doing ALL the right things and still have these results and that I was going to call my father to complain. He said very seriously, "You should ask for new genes for your birthday.". It took me a second but I thought I was going to collapse in my laughing fit. He smiled.

3 comments:

  1. Show some backbone! Don't be a spineless jellyfish! Take your Vitamin D like a man! Just kidding.

    I commiserate fully with the sucky gene pool you're wading in, and ask politely for you to pass me a life perserver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put it down to us suddenly becoming Irish...Everrryone knows that they have weak genes! WE'll have to rely on the tougher Scottish genes to get through it ;)

    ReplyDelete