Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

I was thinking about a few of my favorite things lately:

1. The smells of Christmas; pine trees, spiced apple cider, baking cookie (all), candy making (and friends that volunteer their house for these projects!)
2. My kids; Lauren's joy over it being both Christmas and her birthday (26th), Tylor's subtle gift suggestions (random comments made at odd times - not when asked directly!), Connor's not so subtle gift suggestions ("Hey, Mom you need a new phone - this company has a 2 for 1 deal!" - plays on my frugal side!)
3. My home. I love being here more than anywhere else.
4. My sisters and dad and Frankie ... and brothers. I love that they are there for me always.
5. Christmas movies. I am such a sap! I love the old classics and the goofy ones too. I cry at all the appropriate places!
6. My husband. I was telling someone that he was shopping without me then going home to make dinner and they wanted to know where they could get one like that. Sorry I got the only one!
7. The Gospel spirit. I love going to church during the weeks before Christmas because you can feel the warmth (and our chapel freezing right now!) of the Gospel everywhere.

I am thankful for all those who make my life great and possible.

3 comments:

  1. I missed you this weekend...but I understand the challenge of balancing. Besides, air travel might not have been too comfortable with your sore nose....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your candy making is one of my favorite things, too. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and brothers. True! Brothers sometimes deserve an ellipsies.

    ReplyDelete