Friday, January 1, 2010

From the Great Beyond

A few times a year I ping our brother David. I haven't heard from him in 4+ years so this year when I sent out my ping I expected, well, nothing. It's good to set your expectations very low when it comes to David. BUT!, I received an e-mail from David's ex-mother-in-law (who is very protective and strange in her own right) letting me know that David wanted me to call him. I called left a message and waited. And lo, a voice from the heavens (or at least a satellite!).

From the last contact via e-mail I had with David he was arrogant, self centered, a victim, and not very interested in anyone's views that didn't agree with his. Needless to say after a year of trying to be tolerant I told him to knock it off and oh, he did. No contact again (remember the first 15+ years?). Well, he's the same. Nice to know some things don't change too much.

Here's a short update on David's life: He is still living on Widbey Island in WA, his current malady is his skin is sloughing off (his phrase was, "I look like hamburger thrown against a wall.") and has to wear women's lingerie and silky gowns in public (okay...??) , he may be moving to Eastern Washington's high plains, Tanaket, in late spring (30 miles South of the Canadian border) so he can cleanse himself, he was exposed to Agent Orange while in ?? (didn't catch the country name), and has now walked around the world 4 times, didn't make it to Afghanistan because they would probably kill him (another, "Huh?") and he is off-line because it is too polluted with wild ideas.

He said he would keep in touch with me via phone now and call every now and again to let me know that he isn't dead (how thoughtful!).

So, in a nutshell, he's still crazy.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to know he's still a wild and crazy guy (although I do wonder a bit about the lingerie...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I met my old lover on the street one day..."

    I'm not surprised he's still crazy after all these years.

    ReplyDelete