Saturday, January 30, 2010

Idle Hands


I have been horribly busy for the last two weeks saving money and taking up all my time. I have made a goal to stick steadfastly to birthday budgets. With parties I tend to see things that go or would work and justify it in my mind. Well, no more.

We had Tylor's party last week and came in at $60 for 9 boys - $15 for food and juice and $45 for the soccer balls I sent home with them. Fabulous!

We held Lauren's party today, $89. We crafted Heart Strings ($6 for 15 and I could do another 20!) - as soon as I find my camera cord I will post a pic -, potato stamped scarves ($15 for fabric 12" x 45" and $18 for fabric paint (I did smaller potato blocks with more colors) and felt bags ($22 for bags and $23 for felt flowers), and $5 for homemade pizza and drinks (all stuff left over from Tylor's party). The girls were thrilled, the parents (moms) were impressed.

The down part was that I spent the better part of 5 days prepping all of these crafts. My hands are actually buzzing today. I have to look down at my hands once in a while because my fingers don't feel quite right.

One more thing to prep as I am teaching the 11 yr olds tomorrow - each are getting a $1 flashlight "so their light can shine forth". I love it when a plan comes together so well!

3 comments:

  1. Find that cord! I can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get that idea about the scarves? So cute and I can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete