Sunday, January 31, 2010

Let my Little Light Shine


What a great day in Primary! I miss being with the kids so much that it was great to get a call from Tylor's teacher asking me to sub today.

The lesson was on the priesthood and I have done this one, oh, about six times in the last 7 years. I wanted to try a few new things and it worked great. I found $1 lights at the Dollar Store and added Matthew 5:14-16 to a cute tag. All the kids were engaged and pretty much appropriate. Having 4 quotes and 5 scriptures to have them read really got them using their minds and stretching their understanding. They loved the lights out game - the room we were in was pitch black.

It was a lovely day. I'd do it again in a heart beat!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice when it all works well. I like your light idea....sounds like something I would do (but not in seminary - it costs too much!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute idea. Storing it away for future reference.

    ReplyDelete