Friday, July 9, 2010

The End in 10 Words or Less


Today was my last day on my job. A little momentus since I didn't even make it 100 days. But it's done, the end. I felt a wave of relief both going to and leaving today. And even a little sadness. Sadness that what I had hoped for wasn't going to be.


The one odd thing was the very end. I walked in the office and Stanley said, "Sandy needs to review files with you.", to which I said, "Okay.". Then he walked away. Sandy came in we went over files, I packed up my few personal items (another clue I wasn't comfortable I didn't bring in pics of my family) and Stanley walked over, handed me my final check and said, "Here. Thank you." and walked out of the office. Ten words. That's all I was worth to him. Sandy was a bit stunned and said as much. I wasn't as stunned as he has been ignoring me for the last two weeks.


The one good thing to come out of this is that I have two people who I think are capable and very good at their jobs and think highly of as part of my work friendship circle. A shared experience brings people together and I appreciate that part of this.

1 comment:

  1. It is so weird how even leaving a job you don't enjoy engenders that sad feeling-regret?,remorse? Why analyse, just leave!

    ReplyDelete