Thursday, September 9, 2010

I've Seen it All Now.


Californians cracks me up. It's the reason I live here. Not the great weather, beautiful mountains or the scenic beaches. Nope. It's the people.


I was reading the Entertainment Guide "The Eye" for our paper today when I can upon a wedding invitation. The ad looks like any ad for an entertainer; half page color with photos of the singer. I was glancing over it - I like Jazz and Santa Cruz is always entertaining - when I saw the schedule, "1 pm doors open ... 3:30 Wedding Ceremony ...". WHAT? I then had to read the whole thing. Yup. A wedding invitation put out by two Santa Cruz local entertainers at The Coconut Grove Grand Ballroom.


I even checked it out to make sure it was for real, www.kayebohler.com/Wedding.html . The website doesn't do the ad justice and the photo I took was too small to read.


This is why I love California. Just when you think you are going insane you can find someone crazier than you in putting an ad in the news paper for you to pay to come to their wedding. You can't tell me that this isn't a good reason to stay put in the great state of California.

1 comment:

  1. That's why I am glad I live in a normal state where everyone drives pickups and you have the opportunity (in certain times of the year) to observe the bodies of dead animals sticking up out of the pickup beds (including my husbands...pickup, I mean...NOT his dead body).

    ReplyDelete