Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Title for My First Book

"Is It Okay That I Don't Like My Kids?". Yup. That's the big title. I'm livin' large and starting my novella now. On my blog. Okay, I'm just bringing this up because two of my three kids is in hot water with me. (As I type it is now all 3 of them!)

This morning Lauren got obsessed with finding a watch to wear so she wouldn't have to turn around in class to see how much longer she had in a certain subject. She couldn't put on her shoes, brush her hair, find her sweatshirt or take her backpack. I told her I didn't like her very much this morning. I've felt terrible all day about it but I keep thinking about it and it's still a true statement.

Midday I get an e-mail from one of Connor's teachers. He currently has 17 out of 100 points in class. Really? They've been in school just two weeks. How can this be? Connor didn't do the history summer reading - they handed this out when he was out. So, I check the teacher assignment website. Connor is already missing 4 assignments and has an F in a class. And his teacher says he has a "who cares" attitude. I care too much and am annoyed with him now.

And Tylor? He didn't want to go to the orthodontist. He didn't want to do homework. He wants to go to soccer practice but he has a bruise on his heel. He is whining ... big time!!

This is why I don't like my kids right now. Maybe tomorrow will be better?

1 comment:

  1. Good,good luck with that...but I do like the title! BTW things will get better when they're 30(or 40 or 50)...I'm sure of it.xo

    ReplyDelete