Saturday, March 3, 2012

Fabulous Find!

I have been searching literally for years for a smallish piece for our long downstairs bathroom. I always thought I was looking for an upright cabinet that had lots of glass, was white or chrome.

I found this piece on Craigslist last week and hemmed and hawed about it. I just wasn't sure, the photo was dark it looked dirty...

I went over to the woman's house - she's 94 and finally moving in with a family member - and saw this darling cabinet. She bought it in the '60's and used it as a liquor cabinet. It was only $79 and is really a sturdy piece. I think I'll love it for the next 50 years.... What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. A liquor cabinet for your bathroom? Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! And the story makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great lines! If you ever get tired of it I have a place for it (wink, wink)!

    ReplyDelete