Sunday, June 23, 2013

Croissant sandwich with egg

This recipe is NOT for Debbie.  So, if you are Debbie stop reading now.  No.  I mean it, stop.  Now.  The rest of you can read on.

 I have made croissants and they are not for the weak of heart or the time challenged.  They take two days to make with the real French recipe.  And it isn't just being lazy baking either.  No you have to work for these.  But I'm not making croissants.  I just wanted to talk about them.  The French recipe is why I love Costco croissants.  Someday I am going to work in the Costco bakery and figure out how they do it.  I am.  You can't stop me.

I wanted a croissant sandwich and so I put this little beauty together.

1 Costco croissant split sandwich style
Sweet Hot mustard
2 lg Basil leaves (that you grew yourself so it's even more organic .. and everything)
Black Forest Ham (about 4 slices)
Smoked Turkey (about 4 slices)
Heirloom tomato sliced medium-thin (that you grew yourself so it's organic and everything)
Pepper Jack thinly sliced

One fried egg lightly salted

Spread the mustard on the bottom of the croissant.  Layer all other ingredients in the other listed.  Place under broiler for about 1 - 3 minutes until cheese has melted.  (I put the top of the croissant under the broiler for about 30 seconds so it gets just a tad crisp and warm.  Remove from oven and add the fried egg to the top of the cheese. Slap the top of the croissant on the top of the egg and enjoy with a crisp, cold dill pickle wedge. Oh, and an IBC Root beer too.  Can't forget that.

(L and I shared this because it was so big.)

No comments:

Post a Comment