Sunday, June 23, 2013

Teeny Tiny Tomato

Eight weeks ago I bought a small tomato plant - just one because we have had three in previous years and had so many tomatoes we were eating bruschetta and salsa for weeks - and put it in a large pot.  I am a very decent gardener and try to read up on the variety of plant I am putting in, which I did.  I chose an Heirloom that said it was a meaty, medium sweet, medium sized tomato plant.  There are 11 other tomatoes growing but it supposed to produce through mid-August.

Here is my very first tomato of the season.
The tiles are 2.75" squares. My tomato is about 1" across. 
"Meaty" is questionable.  "Medium Sweet" fairly accurate.  "Medium Sized" not close.
 
Is it too late to ask for my money back?  I think I am a victim of those marketing guys over embellishing their product.

No comments:

Post a Comment