Sunday, June 23, 2013

Supporting the YW to go to camp

Shhh, don't tell anyone but I have a little bit of a competitive streak and this jelly fish is proof.

The YW decided to do a silent auction to raise money for Girls Camp.  They had a lot of great donations including; a night at a fancy hotel, donuts, baskets and baskets of movie nights and glamor stuff, fitness memberships, and some knitted stuffed animals that a sister in our ward makes.  (Sarah Tubbs does these when she is bored.  I clean or organize things, so boring.)

I fell in love with this little guy.  So darn cute!  I placed my first bid and then went on my merry way thinking no one would out bid me. I texted someone and asked if I was still high bidder - best to check this sort of thing if you are competitive and hate losing - then sneaky Leda Nelson wanted it for one of her grandkids.  She almost doubled my bid.  WHAT? I almost dashed back to place another bid and then I hovered over it just waiting.  Leda placed another bid.  I bid again. Then Leda looked at it but she decided I wanted it more than she needed it for her grandkid. HA!  I win!

I was thinking that wasn't very nice of me but then Leda kneed me and I felt better about winning it.

No comments:

Post a Comment