Thursday, January 10, 2013

FHE Topics

I have to admit something.  I didn't like FHE growing up.  I'm not a big fan now.  It was definitely NOT what is pictured on the church web-site now.  I have a hard time getting my act together and find almost anything will supercede it if I let it.

One of my goals for the year is to do FHE each week.  I'm not going to force the Monday night but once during the week we will do FHE sometime.

Now that I have put the goal out there I need some help.  I need to interest/engage my teens.  I need to find a site or such that can give me direction and help to make them more meaningful - not necessarily longer - and more fun.  I also need topics.  I can think of a lot but the kids aren't really interested in my GD topics for D&C.

So, I'm asking.  Gimmee whatcha got!

2 comments:

  1. -FTSOY pamplet - one topic a week

    -John Bytheway FHE DVD - one a week

    -Mormon Messages (love these)

    -Give the kids a worksheet that they can fill out (like I do for devotionals). Here's a sample of what I hope for (but seldom get):
    http://www.johnbushman.com/4/post/2011/09/feast-for-great-scriptural-thoughts.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking the idea of putting it on the kids.

    ReplyDelete