Sunday, January 6, 2013

Mini Mint Brownies

Santa brought me two boxes of Junior Mints in my stocking.  I love Junior Mints but I needed to share.  I decided to go simple.  I did these in mini cupcake liners so I could share with friends.

                                                Mini Mint Brownies

                                 Photo courtesy of foodgawker.com

Any single box of brownie mix - prepared per instructions to batter stage

Preheat oven to 350'. 

Fill mini liner half full of brownie mix.  Place one mint in center.  Put about 1/2 a teaspoon of brownie mix on top.  Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes.

Mint Frosting

  • 3 Tbsp butter, softened
  • 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
  • dash salt
  • 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
  • 2 - 3 Tbsp milk  
  • few drops green food coloring
  •  
    Cream butter, peppermint, and salt; gradually add 1 cup confectioners' sugar, creaming until light. Add remaining confectioners' sugar and the milk. Beat until smooth. Add a few drops of food coloring. (Note:  I frosted mine but you could use more milk to make this a drizzle as well.)

    Makes about 3 dozen.



     

    1 comment:

    1. these would be fun to take to the ward potluck this Sunday.

      ReplyDelete