Sunday, January 27, 2013

Questions 24, 25, 26, & 27

My computer died (now it is all better!) and I got sick (not completely better).  So, to catch up:

24
Q:  If you were going to start your own company, what would it be?
A:  Can I start two?  I want a book store where I don't really sell books - it's just a place to read.  And I want a bakery.  Maybe a bakery/reading room?

25
Q:  What makes "you" you?
A:  Hmmmm, my love for my kids. (be your best!)  My fear of being old. (keep running!) Tenacity. (dog it!)

26
Q:  Today you needed more ___________________.
A:  Sleep and air. (I have the flu and can't breath well.)

27
Q:  Which art movement best describes you today?
A:  Beaux Arts
Elaborate and formal architectural style characterized by symmetry and an abundance of sculptured ornamentation. New York's old Custom House at Bowling Green is an example of the style.
                                     (I am feeling block-ish, staid but classic.)

3 comments:

  1. 24. I had bakery too!
    25. My family, my faith and a lifetime of experiences...oh, and a love of reading.
    26. Milk. Sent Steve to the store at about 8pm last night.
    27. The day isn't over yet...but I'm leaning towards Impressionism...the kind of paintings that don't look like much close-up, but then you take a few steps back and it all resolves into something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 24. I wanted to start a "lending" library. I just sit and read books. No money involved.

    25. My lefthandedness and adorable dimple.

    26. Patience. Enough said.

    27. Impressionism. A bit fuzzy around the edges, but you get the "big picture".

    ReplyDelete
  3. The business you want to open sounds a lot like Third Place Books. http://www.thirdplacebooks.com/ You should go next time you're up in Washington! It's pretty terrific.

    ReplyDelete