Friday, June 18, 2010

I got nothin'

You know the old saying, "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade!". This last few weeks I got a few lemons and can't quite see my way to make lemonade. I have turned into a work-whiner.

I ask my kids when the whining gets to be too much, "What do you get it you whine?", to which they reply, "Nothing.". That's right folks, I got nothin'. I have been busy whining but not acting. I know what I want to do but I don't know what I should do. I have been on my knees trying to figure it out but I haven't got that lovin', or hatin', feeling yet. I think I'm asking the wrong question or asking to be handed the answer (can't I just get a little louder voice that says, "Why yes, Sherri, go right ahead with that!") I understand I have to do my part but (oops, here I go whining again) I want to get that burning feeling so when we are broke I can absolutely say, "The spirit said to!", and feel very justified.

So, I will go back to my lemons and my knees and try not to get any papercuts. And if I start whining to you don't let me. I need to be done lemonade or not.

1 comment:

  1. I saw another version of the lemonade saying that I like a little better.

    If life gives you lemons, throw them back. Hard.

    ReplyDelete