Monday, June 7, 2010

Uh, Seriously?

There seems to be carnage where ever I have gone lately.

Have you ever had one of those days that one thing after another just keeps happening and the more you think, "Well, that's got to be the last of it!", the more that keeps happening? I had one of those weekends. Let me recap:

Friday afternoon 2:30 - Left work to pick up kids from school. Serious file disaster - I raised my voice to my boss (not quite yelling but it was close).
3 pm - Got kids and most of their stuff - forgot a carpool kid and had to turn around about 1/3 of the way home to go back and get her. In my defense I thought she was having a sleep over elsewhere.
4 pm - Got Lauren to her birthday party sleep over: picked up 2 more boys for a sleep over at our house. Forgot sleeping bag in car, dorky me.
5:30 pm - Went to 5th grade picnic - no cooking is a good thing right? - boys refused to eat chicken, salad, corn, and cake. Did eat garlic bread - seriously I paid $34 for this??
7 pm - Dropped Connor off at mall to see a movie with friends. Me: "Do you have your phone?". Connor: "Got it!" (kiss/kiss, bye-bye) Got back to picnic ... found Connor's phone in car. Really?
Saturday 5 am - Connor gets up with half of his face swollen. Off to the pediatrician at 11 am. Infection in his jaw.
12:15 pm - Go pick up prescription. Realize that I have been driving on a completely flat tire - ("Why is the car pulling to the right?", crossed my mind twice but, hey, why would it be a flat tire?)
1 pm - Have to run all over valley to get father-in-law: cheesecake, birthday presents, card and specialty dessert. And bread from a bakery in Campbell - they sold the loaves I asked for because it was after 2 pm by the time I got there and special orders can be sold if they are not prepaid if it is after 2 pm. It was 2:10 - seriously, 2:10.
Sunday - 7 am - Remind Lauren that church is at 9 but we have to be there at 8:45 so we can see the flag raising. Huge fit ensues. Lovely.
12:15 pm - Out of church (the church is a little more true at 9 am)
12:30 pm - Work like a mad dog all afternoon on the International Fair food - mini apple pies, wrapped hot dogs and chocolate chip cookies. Make signage for fair.
3:45 pm - Remember we have to actually wrap presents for Grandpa Voydat's birthday.
4:15 - leave for Grandpa V's dinner. Park at their house on a hill and set parking brake.
6:30 - Try to leave for home. No chance. The parking brake cable broke. Call my in-laws AAA and they will come fix! (Much longer story but I LOVE AAA right now!)
7:50 - AAA comes and takes 1 minute to fix problem and one more minute to show me how to fix it in the future! yeah! My Mother-in-law mentions my flat tire. The AAA guy will follow me home and fix it? What are you kidding?
8:25 pm - Home finally. AAA fixes tire. I may be enamored!
9 pm - Connor looks terrible still. I am giving him meds and Tylenol every 5 hours.
10 pm - Find that our cat has sat on one plate of my apple pies and ruined 10 of them. If I could find it I would kill it right now. Hide, kitty, hide!
Monday 7 am - Connor isn't going to school so only two lunches to throw together. "What you don't like pastrami, turkey and swiss?" ... too bad today dude!
7:20 am - leave for school
7:30 am - set up booth for international fair. Let everyone know I may be late but I will be there.
8:20 am - At work. Working furiously (and furious) on things that aren't coming together.
10:30 am - Leave for a friend's funeral.
Non-Sequitar - Why I love Mormon funerals:
1. Venue is free
2. Speakers are free
3. Sermon is uplifting (as it can be) and appropriate
4. No "open mike"
5. Correct music is used with the correct hymns
6. Good food made and served by RS and a lot of it
7. No one uses the words "Donation" or "Give what you can"
8. People generally know to wear Sunday clothes, biker wear,
while not discouraged, doesn't happen often
12 pm - Leave funeral for International Fair - Goes excellently and the USA is the biggest hit!
3:30 pm - Gather up all of Connor's outstanding homework and a test to deliver to him
4 pm - Find Connor in pretty much the same state as the last three days but grumpier (no
food will do that to you)

Can I be done yet?

2 comments:

  1. Sherri and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Week-end/Week.

    Does that sum it up? You could substitute "Connor" and it would work also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I was a little shocked by that photo, but now after reading the post I think it is fitting.

    I would offer to help you but I have been sick today. I haven't left the couch and my kids trashed the house and played video games and watched tv all day.

    ReplyDelete