Thursday, June 3, 2010

Why does this happen every year?


Every year the end of the school year sneaks up on me. I swear it is April and then it skips to June! And how do I keep over booking myself for all this 'stuff' that happens in the last two weeks of school, such as:


8th grade graduation - The 7th grade parents put it on and I'm in charge of assignments, drinks, ice, serving and replenishing food and of course clean up.

7th grade field trip - Had to scramble and pull in quite a few favors for this one. Not one parent signed up (a case of "Oh, someone else (Sherri & Kim*) will take care of it!")

International Day - I get to represent the good ol US of A. I loved it last year and I'll make it great but still, one more thing!


*We, as a family, need to adopt Kim. She'd be a perfect fit. She totally gets our humor, knows all of the important family names and great in a pinch. All in favor say Aye!


So, basically, I'm a little stressed, Jim's gone (nothing new there), and I have "... a wedding to plan, my wife to kill and Gilder to blame for it: I'm swamped!"

4 comments:

  1. I'm feeling your pain. Really. No, I don't have any field trips or assemblies or graduations to plan, but I do have Danny to get through finals...and that's bad enough. Plus seminary...seminary breakfast...seminary conference...seminary graduation...more finals for Danny...

    I just want to curl up in fetal position and ignore it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booked solid for the next two weeks and everytime I accelerate faster than a crawl, Zac walks up to me and leans/whines/cries/screams/taps on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the first (and I admit-oldest)I love that I don't have any end of school year stuff....yet! I do have grandkids that will doing school activities soon and I will support!
    Looking at your schedule I can see that you have a bad case of "helium hands"...next year wear lead gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After Joseph's baptism tonight I am DONE with all my laundry list of stuff. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete