Thursday, November 11, 2010

Transition Shoes


I like fall. I like raking leaves - twice this week already. I like fall cooking; soups - white bean and ham, pumpkin, chicken noodle/dumpling, and split pea. I like that I need a sweater in the morning and usually by 11 I can take it off if I want.


What I don't like about fall is the need for transition shoes. I am no shoe fashionista. I like sandals - okay flip-flops - in the late spring and summer. I love boots in the winter. I can't seem to get the shoe thing right for fall. I try but I feel that Stacy and Clinton would give me a dressing down in the 360.


My fall shoes feel clunky and old. They don't speak to me at all. They sit there and are, well, at best, foot coverings. I have cute summer and winter shoes. Even spring on non-rainy days I can get by. Not so for fall. I don't know if I'm too picky - I do like a comfortable shoe - or so cheap I won't spend hundreds on the 'right' shoes.


Whatever the problem is right now I'm stuck with chunky ugly shoes.

2 comments:

  1. I would have more sympathy if I hadn't had to wear some atrociously ugly sandals in Hawaii after I broke my flip-flops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true that there is a sad whole in transition world of shoes. I won't even mention my sad excuse of shoe fashion.

    ReplyDelete