Monday, November 29, 2010

Countdown of 48




Thought I would recap 48 ...




1-24: I have all of my fingers and toes. This almost means I have all four limbs.
25: Most of my hair is not gray. That that is, isn't. 'nough said.
26, 27: In comparison to many of my '80's rocker friends my hearing is good.
28, 29: I have terrible teeth but I have insurance so I still have teeth unlike my grandmother who had dentures at 30. I am grateful not to have upper and lower dentures.
30, 31: I got glasses in my early 20's. When I got pregnant with Connor my eyes changed for the better - no glasses for 11 years! My eyes are going downhill slowly but I still got 'em!
32: I used to be a soprano. Now I tend to sing alto, not really well, but I try. I'm gratetful I can still sing.
33, 34: I need my endorphines. My hips still move well and carry me where I want to go.
35, 36: On the same vein as above my feet are in great shape for the abuse I give them.
37: I can still remember where I park at the mall ... most of the time.
38: I love a good, or bad (but clean), joke. I'm thankful I still get them.
39: My family says I look more like 39 than 48. I love that my family lies well.
40: I have had one friend for 40 years. 40 YEARS! Talk about longevity. I'm thankful for friends, even those who I haven't known for 40 years.
41-43: Breathing. I had my nasal flaps fixed about a year ago and I have loved breathing in and out and in and out. My mile time has improved and I wish I had done it earlier.
44, 45: Smells are a wonderous thing for me. A smell can send me back to being six or sixteen or twenty six. I can close my eyes and imagine everything about the association I have to it.
46: My genes. I appreciate my gene pool, shallow though it may be at times. I enjoy good health and good spirits.
47: "To lose one parent my be regarded as a misfortune. To lose both looks like carelessness." ~Oscar Wilde. I am glad not to be looked upon as careless. I appreciate my parents.
48: Life. I'm glad I'm here and hope to be so for another 48.


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I'd say more, but really, you've said it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty good 48. Lily asked how old you are. I said 29, she said, "Wow, that's a lot of numbers."

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! The rate you are going you will definitely be here another 48!

    ReplyDelete