Thursday, November 18, 2010

Wishing on a Shooting Star


Yesterday I was running at 4:30 (a.m.) and I saw 6 shooting stars! I totally wished on all of them and was being amazed at the beauty and grace of our star system. Later, I was reading the paper that it was part of the Leonid Meteor Shower. I was so looking forward to it this morning that I got up at 4:15 to catch a longer look at what our Maker has made for us to be awe inspired by. I stepped outside and it was just a little overcast but I had hope. As I ran longer, 12 miles today, I realized it wasn't going to happen today. I was so disappointed. There is a slight chance for tomorrow but I think we are supposed to get rain. This is one of those times that Mother Nature has conspired to thwart my plans on being so inspired that I would sit down and write a poem so moving I would be called as San Jose's Poem Laureate (yes, we do have one). Guess today is not that day....

1 comment:

  1. I told Steve about the meteor shower that was supposed to be happening last night. Yea - I told him about it, there was no chance in heck we could see it through the thick cloud cover. Oh well, at least it wasn't snowing.

    I'm jealous you got to see it.

    ReplyDelete