Monday, December 6, 2010

EEK! A Mouse!


I was taking out the recycling just now thinking about what I needed to do tomorrow and I almost stepped on a mouse. A dead mouse. In my driveway. Over the past two weeks I have found a dead finch on my front walk and a few more feathers in one spot than would be typical. I think one, or both, of my cats have escalated their pouncing skills to actual hunting and catching.


Growing up we had a cat, named Cat, that loved to bring 'presents' to my mom. Live presents. I remember a particular snake incident that Mom looked startled as the snake slithered over her feet during dinner and then shrieked. She sat with her feet on the chair the rest of the meal while Dad swept it outside animal advocate that he is. Very funny.


Now I'm starting to check the cats before I let them in. I do not like nature entering my house. My rule is: you stay out and I won't bother you. You come in and we will have issues.

2 comments:

  1. I remember one of our cats leaving dead presents on our front door step. It was a great deterrent for any soliciters.

    ReplyDelete