Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Fast is my middle name


For the past two weeks I have been rushing about with the Winter Book Fair at school. My poor kids have had to endure fast meals, most not so great. I did salmon tonight which was very good. We had a version of this from Costco and I have changed it a bit and made it my own.

Salmon with herb butter

2 large salmon fillets
1/2 lemon
Garlic Salt

Herb butter
6 Tbsp butter
1 tsp fresh lemon peel grated
1 tsp fresh Italian parsley chopped medium fine
1 tsp fresh garlic chopped fine (smash it with the side of your knife first then chop)

Run all ingredients through food processor until blended coarsely. Scoop out with melon baller or just make two portions.

Heat oven to 375'. Place fillets in glass pan that you have sprayed with Pam. Squeeze lemon juice over fillets. Cut lemon half into quarters and place in pan. Sprinkle fillets with garlic salt. Place herb butter balls on top of fillets. Place in oven for 20 - 30 minutes. I like my fish a little less done so I tend towards the 20 minute mark. Jim wants his dead. D.E.A.D. so he likes the extra 10 minutes. Serve with basmati rice and lemon wedges. Steamed green beans go nicely with this too.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to agree with Jim on this one. Dead is always better. There is no room for error with fish.

    ReplyDelete