Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tis the Season


As my family well knows, I have a serious sweet tooth. My friend Stefani's mother-in-law is a master candy maker and shares her recipes, which always surprises me. She sends samples too which make it hard to resist an invitation. Today I went over and we made Caramel Marshmallows and Peanut Brittle, more than a little good! I had a sample of her licorice and can I tell you fresh made black licorice is NOTHING like the Red Vine stuff: it was soooo good!! We've made candy for the past 5 years and the recipes just keep getting better. We discovered one easy shake with sea salt makes the caramels so good you can't stop eating them - I mean it: I'm still eating them as I type. My keyboard is a mess! The recipe for the caramels is involved and it takes about an hour from start to finish with two people. If you want me to post it let me know.

3 comments: