Friday, December 17, 2010

It's only the First Day...., "Help!", she says to the Universe.


Today was the first official day of Christmas break. Already I want to choke two of my kids. Listening skills have been thrown out the door and are in a wet soggy heap in the middle of my street being run over repeatedly by passing cars. I have had to ask for things to be done innumerable - and I mean that literally not that figurative, "I've had to ask them 3 or 4 times.". I am so close to the edge that I'm in fear of sneezing and going over the edge. I'm not a newbie parent, really, I'm not. I understand Christmas excitement. I understand the lint on your shirt is more interesting than I am and my voice isn't what it used to be. As one child stated to me, "In the infinite expanse of the universe really can anyone be heard?". I love they are so smart but wish they weren't quite so fresh.

2 comments:

  1. Ah...single parenting teens and pre-teens. This is when you need either a spouse or strong drink. I recommend the spouse. Too bad yours is in NH. Maybe you ought to start sending one or two of the kids with him on these business trips. I'm sure it would be very educational...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember to count to 10 and then take 4 deep breaths before you smack them upside their heads... it makes your aim more accurate.
    PS check out this blog (http://madebyjoel.blogspot.com/) for distracting your kids during Christmas break... I plan on using a lot of cereal boxes and paper clips to keep my rugrats busy this break.

    ReplyDelete