Saturday, May 14, 2011

Offer on the Table


In these slightly improving but still challenging economic times my husband managed to get a job offer after one week of unemployment. He says it's his sparkling personality and charm: I'm thinking possibly his skill set.
Jim managed to get walked out from the old job with a 5 month and one day (that one cracked me up) pay package plus 2 months of accrued vacation and enough vested stock to pay for a year of school. He negotiated a signing bonus (Is it too late in the season for Aruba?), a significant raise, and bonus package plus 3 weeks of vacation with a week added every year he is there up to 8 weeks (seriously?) and a very generous stock package.
I'm thinking the Lord is kind and loving in the tender mercies he doles out to me. He knows how stressed I have been with this and how much I can take until I break. Prayer works. He knows the path we need to take and if we let him guide us He will pour out blessing beyond what we can count. This is one more example of the Lord testing my impatience and making me wait (it wasn't' just a week for that part) and things happening on his timeline not when I wanted it.

2 comments: