Sunday, May 8, 2011

Say it Like An Umpire...


..."You're outta here!", "Vamoose!", "Take your leave.", "Be gone with you.", "Depart!", "Hit the pavement.", and my favorite, "Clear out.". Jim got his walking papers on Friday morning. As he so aptly put it, "I'm not fired. This is an agreed upon parting of ways.". Whatever. He is still unemployed. This position makes me nervous. He might get an offer from the Livermore company next week - sorry Suz, I was pushing for the CO one!. I have to say that it doesn't feel quite right. I get the feeling it's not where we're supposed to be. Don't get me wrong, a job - any job with insurance - is good with me.
Jim on the other hand is happy, a bit flip and prone to a bit of couch potato-ing right now. Not that he doesn't deserve it but as long as he isn't working for $$ I have a honey-do list half a mile long... He may think a job is a good thing by the time I'm done with him!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you make bad news sound so pleasant. I don't know whether to offer congratulations or condolences!

    (Just don't move please.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heartily agree with inspiring my honey to want to leave for work too.
    Happy condolences!

    ReplyDelete