Monday, May 23, 2011

3 Old Bags


I did something today. Some people would say I was heartless but I did it. I tossed 3 old bags to the curb. No hesitation. No mercy. They had it coming I tell you! They had been haunting my every move in my own house for months. I couldn't walk in my own basement without them staring me down. I know you're wondering what the 3 old bags were doing in the basement: well, I put them there. I did. I couldn't help it. I didn't mean to leave them down there so long but you know how it goes. You get embarrassed at first that you did it at all. I mean what had they really ever done to me? Oh, sure, they got in the way, cluttered my life in a way that I was tripping over them constantly. I tried to be polite and gently push them out of the way but you know how old bags can be. They fall apart at the least nudge and then collapse in a pile. I was through with it. Done. They had to go and I'm not sorry in the least. Good-bye and good riddance!

2 comments:

  1. This makes me extremely nervous of ever coming to visit again. I am, unfortunately, fast approaching the "Old Bag"stage of life! On the up side...you do have a nice curb.

    ReplyDelete