Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Another Reason to Celebrate Mediocracy ...


Connor is graduating 8th grade tomorrow. The ceremony is held at one of the church buildings near school. There were a few parents grousing about the venue but then we won them over with the fact that it is large enough, free, clean, free, has reception area, free and lovely landscaping, oh, and free.

Ten years at our school has set me to thinking a lot about our journey; how far we've come and how far we have to go. The picture is of Connor and his first teacher Mrs. Seimichy (Sim-itch) who taught him, "You get what you get and you don't pitch a fit." and "I know you don't want to but it's still your turn.". Words to live by. I have been excited, sad and not a little worried. Connor has become a wonderful young man that exhibits many of the traits I would like to see in him as a man. A man. I have to start thinking about that too. Now I'm more worried - not a bad worried just still.

No comments:

Post a Comment