Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Glimmers of September

I made myself a goal that I would not wait until the end of August to separate and organize the kids school supplies when I need to start shopping. When they dumped their backpacks on the floor of my office I took everything out and put papers in one pile and supplies in another. Out of all of the supplies I sent last September I think I saved about 1/4 - not too bad. I pulled the supply list for each kid off the school website and checked off each item I had and set it with the saved supplies. Then I did the really clever thing. I made a list on my phone of the items I need. I am a coupon cutter from long ago and a sale saver so I will watch for the items and pick them up as I find them on sale and not duplicate items since I will have my list with me.

I find it very hard to pay $85 for a single kid supply kit and look myself in the mirror. I paid a total of $109 last year for all three and hope to have it lower this year.

3 comments:

  1. You've got some mad organizational skills...putting the list on your phone is a stroke of genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, I'm envious. I would like to be that organized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the heavens opened up and angels sang! What a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete