Sunday, June 26, 2011

Magic Stone


I hate cleaning my toilets. We have hard water and we have had ring-around-the-toilet for years. I have tried cleaners recommended by friends, things touted on the TV and Internet fixes for everything from gout to grout. Nothing has worked but I've spent a good deal of money trying to find that magic fix.
I was wandering the aisles of Ace Hardware waiting for Connor to finish shopping and as I regularly do walked down the cleaning supply section. I was surprised to see a pumice stone on a stick sitting in the middle of the chemicals and solvents. I had to look, why not? Pumie is 100% natural and environmentally safe with a tag-line "Cleans when the strongest acid cleaners fail". I knew all of the acids had failed, I'd used all of them. So, I purchased it. I thought, "I'll use it on the kids toilet so if it scratches it I won't have to look at it daily.".
I got home and ran up to use it immediately. Could this possibly work? Would it scratch the toilet and then we'd have to spend $$ to fix that? I tore open the packaging and held it up looking at it's rough pitted surface. No way. Maybe? I wet the stone and went to work. I scrubbed a small area and small pieces of the stone started to crumble off. No worries, it's just sand. I scrubbed on: it was working! 7 minutes later I had a sparkling bowl with no hint of stains OR scratches! I ran to the next bowl and scrubbed away - stunning! And the last, don't fail me now. It worked!
I now have three gleaming bowls and I have to say I have lifted the lids more than once just to admire my handy work. (Please note: Husbands aren't nearly as impressed with toilet rings being gone as you may be.)

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I'm gonna have to get one. I have the same toilet ring problem here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gleaming AND natural...makes you want to convert to granola ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's official, you're a dork (a member of an elite club of which I am one of the founding members). I'd do the same thing - but our water is softer up here.

    ReplyDelete