Monday, June 6, 2011

New Job


Jim started his new job today with Form Factor in Livermore which is about 40 minutes North and East of us. I have never been as happy to get him out of the house! Now I'm wondering how we are going to do when the kids are gone and we retire. It felt like a 30 day test run and he didn't live up to my honey-do list at all - the deck is 90% done (he put on the decking since this pic but it's been raining) but still. I'm thinking of taking up something that takes a long time and I can't do at home for the most part. Any ideas? I will have to learn it before we retire so I already have the excuse to be gone... :-) What would you "take up" if time weren't an issue?

2 comments:

  1. Sister hopping... It's really a humanitarian effort to keep your sisters happy by visiting them regularly. We are quite a large percentage of the population you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tia's idea is ( of course) brilliant. Here are some others...

    How about climbing the highest peak in each state? (Mt Borah in Idaho is a good little day hike).

    How about learning Yoga from a real Indian guru?
    I suggest one well away from tsunami and monsoon areas.

    ditto for meditation ( you do have a cute navel so contemplate that!)

    How about some courses in advanced needlework in or about the greater London metropolitan area? ( That could take quite a while and you could indulge yourself by being crewel,ha ha!)

    Begin a collection of photographs showing you standing in front of every Temple (no fair photoshopping! Unless, of course, you want all the pictures to show you AND your kids all smiling in the shot)
    Good luck with that retirement thing...I already have Wynn's planned...it requires a 40 hour work week as a temple engineer...it's perfect for him...and for me ;)

    ReplyDelete