Saturday, July 30, 2011

All Tylor


I would like to be able to say that Tylor was overtly excited about his baptism, but I can't. I would like to say we started on time, but I can't. I would like to say that everyone forgot about the announce last week in Sacrament meeting, but I can't.
What I can say is that it was a beautiful day. We started 4 minutes late - not too bad considering the pianist walked in at 3:03. Tylor said he was excited and if that's all the indication of his thrilled-ness I am going to get, I'll take it. And as expected I cried, not too much just one tissue worth.
Tylor was ready to go and when Brother Carruth finished the prayer Tylor almost dunked himself he was that eager. I thought, "Quick! Before Dad changes his mind!", was going through his head. I smiled at that one.
Almost as promised there were no talked scheduled but the bishop felt the need to inject a bit of spiritualness - and comment on the speed and efficiency of the program (maybe I'll be called as the "quick baptism coordinator"?), I had to smile at that one too.
Then we headed back to our house for pie - Sweet Cherry, Key Lime, Spiced Apple and a Cheesecake Tylor made by himself. It was lovely and perfect weather and perfect time of day for the event.
Heart is beaming full
Spiritual growth of child to more
Sum more than love, desire

2 comments:

  1. Congradulations Tylor! May all your spiritual hopes come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a milestone. Congrats to both you and Tyler!

    ReplyDelete