Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Why ...


... do important conversation happen late at night? What makes it necessary for people to "open up" when I'm trying to sleep? Don't people know by now that I am a morning person? I'm happy to discuss anything first thing in the morning!
Last night Lauren felt compelled to unburden herself of a few items that needed to be discussed for over an hour. Exhausted, I sent her to bed - finally - and was going to try and do the same. Nope. Jim enters and asks why Lauren is up and then I have to give him the condensed version so I can slip into sleep... not happening.
11:30 p.m: "Sherri?", "Mmmm.", "Tylor talked to me about baptism a couple of times.", (groggy) "Uh, okay.", "I'm saying I think he understands.", "Okay. Are you saying he can get baptized?", "Yes.". (end)
Now I'm wide awake wondering what just happened but not willing to jinx it by talking about it more. Did that really just happen? I woke up at 5:30 and it seemed still true so I'm running with it.

4 comments: