Thursday, January 27, 2011

Valentine's Day Craftiness

I love Valentine's Day. I love the crafts, colors and cards. I found this really cute wreath at the Paper Source but at $19.95 I was not picking it up. So, I made my own for Lauren's 4th grade class. I spend $48 for 45 of them ... hmmm, let's do the math then the craft.
I used a 9" pie plate to make the outside circle on a piece of foam core. Then I took an 8" pie plate and use the bottom of it for the inside circle, it ends up to be about 2" wide. I used paring knife to cut it as an Exacto knife was too slow.

I cut 1 piece of wide red ribbon 24" long and 1 piece of white thin ribbon 6" long and attached them to the back of the foam core with staples.

Then I cut out 12 4" x 3 1/2" red heart and glued them onto the foam core on the front side using crafting glue. This covers the foam core entirely so now you are free to decorate it.

I picked out several sorts of Valentine-y paper and used medium glue dots to attach them. The glue dots give it a 3-D effect. I'm going to add tissue hearts to it so it flutters a little later.

Happy Valentine's Day!!





2 comments: