Monday, January 31, 2011

A Book to Never Read

I read No Country For Old Men last week. I had several friends tell me how good it was and how great the movie was. Since I was never going to see the movie - unless it comes to the washout small screen - I thought I'd give it a read (listen). UGH! Talk about a depressing, unredemptive book! There is not one happy thing in it, not one! A sad lead character steals drug money then is chased by some guy that keeps his word in killing the thief's wife even after he has the money back and the sheriff that narrates the book is jaded and thinks everyone - except his wife - is a lost cause, which is true. BLAH! It is not compelling, it is not the next great Western or Eastern or anything. It was just a book that kept moving forward with killing and mayhem.
Give it a miss!!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously! The movie commercials freaked me out enough, I don't think I'd ever pick up the book!

    ReplyDelete